Z Grills and Grilla Grills are competitors in the wood pellet grill and smoker market. Both are US companies, but Grilla Grills are made in China, while Z Grills is in the USA.
Check out the Z Grills vs Grilla Grills: Complete Guide to find out which is better and why.
Z Grills are less expensive and perform the same functions as Grilla Grills, but the materials and construction are not up to the same standards. Grilla Grills is the superior wood pellet grill because of its more liberal use of heavy-duty stainless-steel components. Grilla Grills are more expensive, but the warranty extends a year longer than Z Grills.
Difference Between Z Grills And Grilla Grills
Z Grills and Grilla Grills look similar at first glance, but there are differences in the materials and the design.
Both brands have stainless steel lids, but the inside of the Grilla Grills lid is shinier, and also made of stainless steel.
Z Grills cut corners on the quality of materials to make the grills more affordable for their customers.
Grilla Grills uses more stainless steel on its components than Z Grills. Grilla Grills are more expensive than Z Grills by several hundred dollars because of the quality of the materials.
Both Grills are high-performance brands.
Is Z Grill Same As Traeger
Outdoor Happens staff to call the Z Grill a “half-priced Traeger.” Z Grills are similar to the Trager, but they’re not the same.
They both burn wood pellets and perform the same functions of grilling, smoking braising and searing, roasting, and baking foods.
Traeger was produced at facilities in Oregon vs Z Grill’s plant in California. Both are from the Pacific Northwest.
Z Grills is still wholly produced in the USA, while Traeger outsourced its production to China.
Upgraded Home’s critics analyzed both brands and point out they’re remarkably similar, but Z Grills are more affordable, and offer a “better line of grills.”
Comparisons of the largest models from each brand show that you get more cooking surface space with Z Grills, but Traeger’s provide better precision heat control.
Are Z Grills Double Walled
Z Grills constructs each unit with dual-wall insulation. It’s a technology feature that conserves heat for more efficient distribution and retention of the heat generated through the wood pellets.
The double wall feature makes grilling on colder days easier. It also reduces the volume of pellets required to achieve and maintain a steady temperature inside the cooking/smoking area of the grill.
Do Any Z Grills Have WIFI
When Z Grills first hit the market, there were no WiFi-enabled models available.
They’ve since upgraded some of them with their newest versions called the Wi-Fi series. The 11002B WiFi is nicknamed Multitasker.
If you purchase this model, go to the Apple App Store to download the Z Grills app for free. It allows you to connect through WiFi or Bluetooth.
It lets you set and adjust the grill temperature, monitor the internal temperature of the food, get product manuals, and tech support, and find new recipes for your Z Grill.
How Do I Get More Smoke From My Z Grill
Z Grills developed a Smoker Tube accessory to produce more smoke from your Z Grill.
It’s 304 stainless steel in a hexagonal tube design that stays put to provide better smoke quality for hot and cold smoking.
It doesn’t leave any residue on the foods and it creates a billowing smoke effect to drive an intense smoky flavor into foods on the grill.
It works with any smoker or grill. You fill the tube with any flavor wood ball, torch light the wood in the cylinder, let it form embers, then put it in the smoker. You can find this accessory at Amazon.
- WORKS WITH ANY GRILL & SMOKER – This pellet smoker provides additional smoke to any grill and smoker, like wood pellet,grill gas grills, charcoal grills, electric grills, and portable grills.
- HOT & COLD SMOKING- It can be used to cold smoke cheese and nuts, or hot smoke steaks, chicken, pork, lamb, ham, fish, and more. Transform your grill into a real smoker.
- UP TO 5 HOURS SMOKING – Just add your favorite wood ball (apple, pecan, hickory, mesquite, oak, cherry, etc.), use a torch to light it, let it burn for about 3-5 minutes, then blow the flame out and put the smoker tube on the grill. One tube smoker can be filled with your favorite pellets to provide billowing smoke for 5 hours.
- MADE OF 100% STAINLESS STEEL 304– This 12-inch smoker tube is made of 100% high-quality 304 stainless steel, anti-rust and heat-resistant, durable and sturdy, not be broken or bent easily after repeated use.
- SUPERIOR HEXAGON DESIGN– This premium stainless steel tube smoker with new hexagon design, it will not roll up or fall off on the grill to provide you with a better and safer smoke absorption effect and to meet your needs of taste buds by getting the food emitted different taste with different wood pellet. Our smoking tube does not also leave any residue that can get into your food.
Last update on 2022-12-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Which Z Grill Is Best
Last update on 2022-12-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Z GRILLS ZPG-7002C BBQ Wood Pellet Grill Smoker is the top-rated model. Customers who purchased and used this grill give it a perfect 5 out of 5-star rating.
The ZPG-7002C series is equipped with digital temperature control and it comes with a free waterproof cover.
It’s a versatile grill that heats through wood pellets. It can barbecue, smoke, grill, braise, roast, sear, bake, and char grill foods at fast, hot heat, or slow, low heat.
It’s updated with a large LCD screen for monitoring cooking via the two temperature probes.
The PID Controller maintains consistent heat at precision temperatures.
The pellet hopper holds up to 24 pounds of wood pellets for up to 24 hours of continuous grilling on high heat or 40 hours of continuous smoking without interruption.
A view window on the hopper shows the pellet level. It’s easy to clean because of the shut-down cycle that burns leftover pellets in the firepot for quick vacuum cleaning to remove residual ashes.
It’s equipped with heavy-duty caster wheels to move the grill from one spot to the other.
Are Grilla Grills Any Good
Grilla Grills are exceptionally good wood pellet Grill/Smokers. The Grilla Grill is small, but it can hold up to 20 pounds of pellets with 488 square inches of cooking space.
It’s a compact unit that has temperature controls from 180 to 500 degrees F.
It goes beyond comparable grills at the same price point, by foregoing the cheaper galvanized steel with a premium stainless-steel body and lid construction with stainless steel cooking grates and racks.
Are Grilla Grills Worth It
Pelheat experts on top-rated grills rank Grilla Pellet Grills and Smokers as the best brand under $1,000 for 2022. They operate on wood pellets that create a variety of smoke aromas.
The company is in the United States and produces a range of grills from compact, portable units to large multifunction grills that smoke, grill, sear, bake, and roast with indirect heat.
They’re practical units from an innovative company that recently added Wi-Fi capabilities for remote control of the settings, temperature, and monitoring of cooking and smoking processes.
Grilla Grills are an excellent value for the cost.
Grilla Grills Features
Grilla Grills are practical units priced lower than grills comparable in quality and functionality.
The unique features of Grilla Grills make them stand apart from the others in their price range.
The flagship model is the Silverbac Pellet Grill, available in three models: Alpha, Pro, and All-Terrain.
Heavy-Duty Stainless-Steel Construction
The rods beneath the cooking grate are 1/4-inch premium stainless steel.
Grilla’s grill lids feature 12-gauge stainless steel with a double-walled body with an air gap between the layers to insulate against heat loss and promote pellet usage efficiency.
The grates on the Siverbac are rated at a lifetime of ten years minimum. Other stainless-steel features are the drip tray, heat deflector, and firepot.
Spacious Cooking Grate
The main cooking grate is 26 inches wide and 19.5 inches long. It provides 507 square inches of cooking space with an additional 185 inches on the upper cooking grate.
Large Capacity Hopper
The Hopper is a large capacity and can hold up to twenty pounds of wood pellets. The Easy Dump System makes removing leftover pellets quick and easy.
Exceptional Temperature Range
The temperature range of Grilla Grills is 180 degrees F on the low end to 500 degrees F on the high end. Temperature settings are made in five-degree increments.
Integrated Meat Probe
The integrated meat probe lets you see monitor the internal temperature of the meat on the grill with the touch of a button on the digital readout screen.
PID Controller On Some Models
The Silverbac Alpha uses an Alpha Smoke controller in your choice of Standard or PID. The Pro version comes with a Standard controller.
Waterproof Cover Included With The Grill
Grilla Grills throws in a waterproof cover with each Grilla Grill sold.
Grilla Grills Customer Service
I checked the consumer reviews of Grilla Grill’s Customer Service experiences.
It’s rated by most as an awesome group of professional technicians. Most responses are almost immediately or shortly after the message gets received.
They stand behind their products with expert guidance to troubleshoot issues.
The brand is building customer loyalty by treating them well and resolving problems quickly.
Which Grilla Grills Grill Is Best
The Silverbac Wood Pellet Grill Alpha Connect WiFi is the best Grilla Grill on the market today.
It’s the most popular model. The 2022 model received an upgrade with heavy-duty stainless-steel materials, double walls for insulation, and an Alpha Connect WiFi control board.
It allows you to use a wireless connection to monitor temperatures, set the grill and probe temperature alarms, and start or stop the grill from anywhere.
It also features the Temp Tamer technology and access to troubleshooting assistance.
Pros And Cons Of Z Grills And Grilla Grills
Advantages of Z Grills
- The oil waste collector is effective in keeping grease away from hard-to-reach places.
- The cover and racks are rust-proof.
- The wheels are heavy-duty and make moving the heavy models easier.
Disadvantages of Z Grills
- The temperatures of the Z grills fluctuate more than the Grilla Grills. They’re less accurate.
Advantages of Grilla Grills
- Solid stainless-steel construction for longevity
- Easy pellet dump to remove unused pellets
- The grill shuts down automatically if the temperature rises above 610 degrees F or below 110. It’s a safety feature.
- Shuts down automatically if the cooking temp drops below 110° or above 610°F
- Easy automatic ignition
Disadvantages of Grilla Grills
- Expensive because of premium materials
- Additional grease management is required and does not come with the grill.
Z Grills vs Grilla Grills Cost
The cheapest Z Grill is the Portable Pellet Grill. It costs $299. The most expensive is the Z Grill S694 Pellet Grill and Smoker for $619.
The cheapest Grilla Grill is the Chimp Tailgater Wi-Fi Wood Pellet Grill. It costs $599.99.
The most expensive is the Silverbac All-Terrain Alpha Connect Wi-Fi at $1,099.
Z Grills are the least expensive for comparative models.
Z Grills vs Grilla Grills: Which Is Easier To Use
Z Grills and Grilla Grills are similar in their design and function. Both brands offer grills that take time and effort to use. One is no easier or harder to use than the other.
Z Grills vs Grilla Grills: Which Lasts Longer
Z Grills have a standard warranty of three years. It protects consumers from material defects.
Corrosion, wear and tear, and any issues created by the user are not covered. Grills Grills offers a four-year limited warranty on the product.
The superior stainless steel in the Grilla Grills makes it more durable. Grilla Grills is the winner for longevity.
Helpful Tips To Know About Z Grills vs Grilla Grills
Grilla Grills and Z Grills are wood pellet grills that require similar knowledge to operate safely and successfully. A few basics are necessary to know.
The following tips apply to both wood pellet grills.
- Season the grill before you use it for cooking. Use high-heat fat to season the inside by rubbing it on the grill grates. Heat the grill to a high temperature, and let it burn for 15 to 20 minutes. Seasoning burns off any chemical residues left over from the manufacturing process.
- Read the manual before you operate the grill. The manual contains essential information about the safe and proper operation of the grill, with troubleshooting tips, the warranty, and how to use the grill.
- Maintain your grill after each use. Lack of proper maintenance and care of the grill could void the warranty and shorten the lifespan. The grill needs regular cleaning. Remove food residue and grease and drain the drip pan. Store properly indoors in inclement weather or cover with a waterproof grill cover.
The Z Grills vs Grilla Grills Complete Guide is an overview of the two brands. They’re similar in appearance and function, but they’re not clones.
Z Grills is affordable but offers the same capabilities. It is a good quality grill that costs far less than Grilla Grills.
The latter is more expensive, but it provides owners with a premium product with heavy-duty materials and construction. It also has a better warranty period.
The Guide gives you the information you need to help you decide which brand is the best choice for you.