The Holland Grill was among the top-rated multipurpose grills manufactured in the USA. When the company went out of business in 2019, the Phoenix Grill, an imitation of the Holland, stepped into the spotlight until Holland reintroduced its like in 2022.
The Phoenix Grill vs Holland: Complete Guide gives you the facts to decide which of these high performers is the best choice.
Phoenix Grill is better than Holland because of its more extensive warranty. Additionally, the temperature range of 250 to 500° F, beats Holland’s short range of 350 to 375. Holland Grills perform most of the same functions as Phoenix, but it falls short in attaining the best temperatures. No Holland Grills are currently available.
Table of Contents
Difference Between Phoenix Grill And Holland
Holland Grill is an original invention, named after its inventor, Brad Holland with 30 years in business.
The Phoenix Grill came later and is believed to be an imitation because of the similarities. Phoenix went bankrupt but was acquired by Modern Home Products under Pro Fire and continued production with 50 years in business.
Another difference between the Phoenix Grill and Holland is the warranty. The Holland Grill has a lifetime warranty on the stainless-steel cooking grate and the cast-iron starter.
It is guaranteed to work as advertised for the first thirty days after purchase.
A guarantee against rust or burn-through on the top and bottom grill shells has a 3-year warranty on some models, 5 on others, and 15 on the Apex grill.
All other parts have a 1-year warranty to be free from defects. Holland provides a no-flare-up guarantee.
The Phoenix Grill has a lifetime warranty against rust through the stainless-steel grill top and bottom, the side pieces of the cast aluminum grill top and bottom, the control panel, the column, and the deck base and portable base.
It offers a 10-year warranty against rust through on the burner, drip pans, side shelves, cooking grids, and fasteners.
It offers a 5-year warranty against rust-through on the grill top and bottom, and a 1-year warranty against rust-through on all other components.
The Phoenix Grill addresses more components under its warranty and does not differentiate between the various models like Holland does.
Phoenix offers a more robust warranty plan. The company has been in business for longer than Holland.
Are Phoenix Grills Good Quality
Phoenix grills are good quality. The company has 50 years of manufacturing experience, although under new ownership.
Components are forged at MHP’s machining and fabricating facilities with “state of the art” tools.
Premium stainless steel, cast iron, and aluminum metals with heat treating and powder coat finishes create a durable product that resists heat damage and corrosion.
Phoenix grills are distinguished as top-tier grills constructed of the highest quality materials.
Are Phoenix Grills Worth The Money
Phoenix Grills are versatile gas grills that can smoke, roast, bake, grill, steam, and sear foods to perfection. It cooks nearly everything.
Phoenix Grills are made of premium materials crafted in-house for strength and resistance to the harshest elements.
The Phoenix grill may be the last grill you will need to buy, thanks to its generous lifetime warranty.
Replacement parts are available for all models. Phoenix Grills are more expensive than the average gas grill, but the warranty exceeds most others.
The extra expense now will save the costs of replacement in the long run.
Phoenix Grill Features
The Phoenix Grill features an attractive grill head made of aluminized steel in black color. The end caps are mounted on a black aluminum column.
It’s equipped with a portable base with 2 cast aluminum wheels for easy movement. A wood chip tray converts it to a smoker.
Additional accessories are available to enhance convenience.
- Stainless Steel Burner for precision heat on both sides of the grill.
- The electronic ignition system for fast, easy, and reliable starts.
- Stainless steel mesh cooking grid for cooking all types of food.
- The cast aluminum drip pan is heavy-duty. It’s placed over the burners to prevent flare-ups and to steam foods.
- Vents with damper slide for grill temperature control.
- A solid brass dual valve separates the controls on the left side and the right for controlling heat on either side with a range from 250 to 500 degrees F.
- Solid brass valve and bucket to drain fluids from the drip pan with no mess.
- 2 stainless steel slide shelves for an additional cooking area.
- In-House Sta-Kool Stainless steel handle for opening the lid without the need for hot pads.
- Stainless steel heat indicator to monitor the temperature of the grill with accuracy.
Phoenix Grills Reviews
Phoenix Grill customers give it high ratings with most assigning a 5 out of 5 stars from multiple sites.
An Overstock customer compared her Phoenix Grill which lasted 17 years before it needed work, to a Holland she previously owned, and stated “there is no comparison.
Phoenix Grills perform higher and last longer. Assembly is fast and easy for most. It gets high marks for its versatility and quality.
Reviewers claim that it is “worth the money.
Which Phoenix Grill Is Best
- Model #: SDRIVDDP
- BTUs: 25,000
- Fuel Type: Liquid Propane
- Ignition: Electronic
- Overall Dimensions: 52.25" (W) x 25" (D) x 49.25" (H)
Last update on 2023-10-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Phoenix SDRIVDDP SS Riveted Grill Head on Pedestal Cart – LP is the model with the highest customer reviews on Amazon. The review score is 4.9 out of 5 stars.
- 25,000 BTUs (Liquid Propane)
- Electronic Ignition
- Stainless Steel Grill Heald
- Flare-up free drip pan for wood chips for smoking
- Maximum temperature 550 degrees F
- Two fixed stainless steel side shelves
- 400 square inch cooking surface
Are Holland Grills Any Good
Holland Grills have been around for 30 years. They’ve had three decades of continual improvement.
After a brief closure in 2019, they’re back in 2022 with more improvements enhancing the previous high-quality.
Mayo Garden Center dubs Holland “top-tier” grills with premium metals, heavy-duty metal construction, and a lifetime warranty on stainless steel grates and cast-iron burners.
Other parts have a one-to-five-year warranty with replacement parts available if needed. Hollands have a good reputation for versatility.
Like the Phoenix, it cooks everything. You can grill, smoke, roast, bake, and steam with its comprehensive outdoor cooking system.
It features quality materials that can last for decades. The temperatures range from 350 to 375 degrees F. It doesn’t sear foods, and it’s a little too hot for a genuine slow roast.
If you want a versatile gas grill that can smoke, roast, steam, bake, and grill, Hollands can do that, but there are some significant shortcomings to consider.
Hollands’ best feature is its longevity.
Are Hollands Worth The Money
Hollands are expensive, but they’re versatile and are capable of grilling, roasting, baking, and steaming.
They retain juices in foods, but the shortcomings decrease their value. Other grills at comparable prices offer more features like a higher temperature and a better warranty.
Compared with similar top-tier gas grills, you can get more for your money with other brands, but it’s worth noting that Holland Grills can last for several decades.
Holland Grill Features
The Holland Grill features high-quality materials that are known for durability. It’s a versatile grill and smoker.
It goes beyond cooking BBQ items. It’s a comprehensive outdoor cooking system that can cook almost anything.
- Stainless steel cooking grid with a diamond patterns steams or grills smaller foods such as vegetables or shrimp without falling through the grates.
- Holland System Smoke Stacks circulate air on the grill interior for even heat and cooking on all sides. It eliminates the need for a rotisserie.
- The Flame Deflector lies above the burner for even heat distribution and cooking without hot spots.
- The Aluminum Drip Pan catches drippings and grease, preventing contact with the burner with no flare-ups and promoting intense grill flavor. It enables steaming or adding spices and flavors to create diverse aromas and flavors to cooked foods.
- Cast-iron burners at the center bottom of the grill are durable and reliable.
- The rotary ignition is easy to light.
- It’s easy to use. Just set the temperature and the timer and let it do the work.
- Stainless Steel Grill Body
- Powder Coated Sturdy Base Cabinet with a Stainless-Steel Cabinet Door
- Towel Bar Stainless Steel Handle for fast clean-up and wiping hands
- Heavy Duty Casters for easy rolling
- Condiment Tray Inside of Door for convenient storage and access while cooking
- Lid Thermometer for monitoring grill temperature
How Do I Make My Holland Grill Burn Hotter
Adjust the air shutter to control the amount of air and gas mixtures. Always consult the manual for the grill or access it online for safety precautions.
The most likely cause is the fuel supply. There may be an issue with the gas pressure or an obstruction in the fuel delivery.
Always check the liquid propane tank valve on the LP tank.
Which Holland Grill Is Best
Holland Grills are not currently available. According to the official website, the 2022 new models are on their way.
It shouldn’t be long until we see the re-emergence of one of the longest-lasting gas grills made in the USA.
Pros And Cons Of Phoenix Grill And Holland
Advantages and Disadvantages of Phoenix Grill
- 25,000 BTU for high heat up to 500 ° F
- Stainless steel construction for longevity
- The riveted structure is durable and sturdy
- The aluminum drip pan is easy to drain
- Electronic ignition lights fast and easy
- It’s a comprehensive outdoor cooking and smoking system
- Large wheels make it easy to move
- Long life and easy to use
Advantages and Disadvantages of Holland Grills
- Durable and lasts for several decades
- Comprehensive outdoor cooking system with a smoker
- Premium durable materials
- Anti-flame-up system
- Company has not yet launched its new line. Holland grills are currently unavailable but stay tuned. They’re on the way.
- Lacks temperature range. Only heats from 350 to 375 F.
- Mixed reviews on quality and customer satisfaction in recent years.
- Expensive when available.
Phoenix Grill vs Holland Cost
Phoenix Gas Grills cost between $1,499.40 to $2,048. Holland Grills formerly sold for $899 and up.
Holland Grills has not yet released information about the prices or models it will have available before the end of the year.
Phoenix Grill vs Holland: Which Is Easier To Use
Both grills are comparable in their ease of use. The Holland Grill is superior because of its rotary igniter versus the electric ignitor of the Phoenix Grill.
Rotary igniters are more reliable and generate a hotter spark. The Phoenix Grill is capable of a better temperature range.
It makes it easier for slower roasting at lower heats and faster cooking at higher. Reddit users comment that the Phoenix Grill is easier to put together.
Phoenix Grill vs Holland: Which Lasts Longer
The Phoenix Grill is similar to the Holland Grill in its construction. Phoenix is accused of being an imitator, although Holland constructed its gas grill first.
The company that fabricates the components and assembles Phoenix Grills has more years in the business, but Holland has been around longer, until 2019.
Both are durable and made to last a long time.
Holland Grills can last for several decades, and Phoenix Grills have a lifetime warranty on many components. They’re equal in longevity.
Helpful Tips To Know About Phoenix Grill vs Holland
Phoenix Grills vs Holland has been an ongoing question of which is better.
Holland is currently on hiatus but within months of announcing the availability of its new models. The two brands shared remarkable similarities up to now.
There are a few tips that apply to using each:
- Cook food with the lid closed for the best results
- Keep the drip pans drained and cleaned
- Preheat the grill to the desired temperature before placing food on the grill
- Don’t count Holland out yet. It’s coming back soon
Holland Grills introduced its comprehensive outdoor cooking system and smoker first. Phoenix followed with a design that is quite similar with few differences. Its enhanced warranty is better.
Both grills are versatile, but Phoenix has a few extras that give it an edge. It’s capable of doing more.
Holland is currently disadvantaged because of its three-year absence from the marketplace.
We learned from the official website that it plans to offer a new line of Holland Grills sometime in 2022.