It’s normal to want to know whether a grill comes assembled before buying it. Imagine how frustrating it can be when you buy a grill and are excited to use it, only to realize you have many pieces and steps to assemble.
This excitement can quickly turn into frustration and regret, so please ensure you know what you are buying before making a purchase.
Weber grills do not come assembled however each grill comes with step-by-step assembly instructions with pictures so you can easily put the grill together yourself. Weber doesn’t offer assembly service however they did create an app that you can download on your phone that gives a 3D tutorial on the process for assembling each grill.
Does Weber Deliver Assembled Grills
No. Weber doesn’t offer assembled grills. However, you can work with your retailer regarding assembling if you don’t want to do it yourself.
Many retailers provide full-service grill delivery on their grill models. That means that you get your grill fully assembled upon delivery.
However, please note that this comes at an extra cost. Therefore, if you opt for this route, ensure you have the budget plan.
But the good thing is that it will save you time and effort. Your equipment will arrive ready to use, so you don’t need to beat yourself up trying to figure out how to assemble different parts.
Are Weber Grills Hard To Assemble
Assembling a grill, regardless of the model, is doable. However, some models are harder than others, but you’ll ultimately figure things out.
Remember that some brands deliver dozens of parts while others only have a few parts to fix.
Weber grills are generally not hard to assemble. They include step by step directions on how to connect parts. The best thing is that you get pictures and not words. So you won’t be confused.
The directions are laid straightforwardly to ensure a smooth and problem-free arrangement.
But I should mention that while you can assemble your Weber grill, you don’t have to do all the work yourself.
If you don’t have much time or you feel it’s a hassle, you can always hire a technician to do it for you.
How Long To Assemble A Weber Grill
The length of time you’ll use depends on the model in question and your assembling experience.
Most people take between half an hour to one hour to complete the assembling. However, you can take less time if you have extra hands.
It’s also possible to take more time as you try to understand the instructions.
Additionally, some grills are harder to assemble than others. For instance, you can take approximately 4 minutes to an hour to assemble a Weber Spirit E330 as it’s not too hard.
But assembling Weber Genesis II can take as much as 2 to 4 hours.
- Equipped with upgraded features and the perfect size for hosting a BBQ or everyday family grilling
- Sear station creates an intense heat zone to quickly add sear marks on meat; Built-in lid thermometer
- Keep food warm or toast buns on the built-in warming rack and simmer BBQ sauce or sauté veggies on the side burner
- Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates retain even heat for the best tasting food. Dimensions - Lid Open (inches) : 63 H x 52 W x 32 D inches, Dimensions - Lid Closed (inches) 45.5 H x 52 W x 24 D inches
- Built to last with heavy duty, porcelain-enameled lid and cookbox that won’t rust or peal over time
Last update on 2023-02-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Since we’ve talked about time, it’s also essential I talk about the cost. If you hire someone else to assemble the grill for you, expect to pay $90-$100.
Amazon, Home Depot, and other high-end stores offer assembling services. But expect to pay for their services.
Weber Grill Assembly App
The best thing about Weber grills is that they come with step-by-step assembly directions. And they are given in pictures instead of plain words.
As such, they make the assembly process straightforward and problem-free. Besides that, the company offers a BILT app for Genesis II and Genesis II LX models.
This app offers a 3D tutorial on how to assemble your grill. It walks users through the process of connecting the grill parts.
What’s good about it is you can stop, rewind and even zoom in to ensure that your connection is perfect.
The last thing you want is to connect the parts only to realize that you did it wrong after finishing.
Thankfully, you can eliminate this problem using the BILT app. Users can download the app on App Store or Google Play. Search for it on your smartphone and tablet.
Weber Grill Assembly Service
Weber doesn’t offer assembly service. However, stores that sell them do. If you don’t want to assemble the grill on your own, speak to your Weber retailer about the assembly-related service they offer.
Most times, the cost ranges from $90-$100. But, it can be higher or lower depending on the seller. Weber retailers offering assembling services include Home Depot, Amazon, etc.
Some sellers like Lowes offer free assembly if you buy full-sized grills in the store.
I should also mention that if you want the company to deliver an assembled Weber grill, you will have to arrange for an SUV or pickup to bring it home.
You can also rent a truck or pay additional fees to the retailer for delivering an assembled grill.
The delivery fee depends on the market, but most times, it’s $79. An unassembled grill can be delivered at no charge.
If you don’t have the budget for assembling and delivery services, this option may not be suitable for you.
Weber Grill Assembly Video
Weber also offers assembly videos that show you a step-by-step guide on how to assemble your grill.
The video explains where each part goes and is helpful if it’s your first time assembling a Weber grill. It uses simple language that can be easily understood.
We recommend it for someone who doesn’t have money to pay for assembly services, or you are unable to comprehend the pictures well.
How To Assemble A Weber Grill
Assembling a grill can be difficult, especially if you’ve never done it. However, it is doable. Now, the process differs depending on the Weber grill in question.
But let me give you the general steps you can expect in any Weber grill:
- Step 1: Unpack the grill from the box and find all parts that need to be connected. Ensure you have the lid, burner head, two legs, and grill body.
- Step 2: Attach the legs to the grill’s body using a screwdriver. Usually, there are pre-drilled holes on the grill’s body, so this shouldn’t be hard.
- Step 3: Attach your burner head to one of the grill’s sides using the provided screws. Make sure it fits snugly on the grill’s top and allow some space between the burner and the lid when closed.
- Step 4: Lift one side of the lid so that the hinges are placed at an angle matching where they will be once you fully open the system. But please remember this varies depending on the hinge system of your grill. Then insert a hinge pin via this hole on the side of the lid and place another pin into the corresponding hole.
What Tools Do I Need To Assemble A Weber Grill
Well, you don’t need complicated tools to assemble a Weber grill. Of course, you will need a screwdriver to tighten the screws on parts of the grills.
You’ll also use it to remove screws if they get inside sockets. Additionally, you will need a hammer to remove old parts of the existing grill, like grates. Lastly, you’ll need a wrench.
How To Assemble A Weber Genesis Grill
You will need a wrench and a combination screwdriver. Also, the optional tools you will need are a ratchet, a socket, a cordless hand drill, and a PH3 bit.
- Digital, real-time food temp & readiness countdowns on your phone and grill
- Digital, real-time food temp & readiness countdowns on your phone and gril
- Receive alerts when food has reached your desired doneness
- Grill the perfect medium-rare steak, with real-time food monitoring
- Never over-cook or under cook-food with step-by-step grilling assistance
Last update on 2023-02-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
With these tools in hand, follow these steps to assemble a Weber Genesis Grill:
- Remove the grill from the box. You will see an assembly guide that comes included in the grill. Unpack the grill components and ensure that you have all of them before starting.
- Grab the wheels from the boxes they are inside of. Put the first wheel on the axle.
- Pick the two stands and feed the axle via the holes of the stands. Now, grab the other wheel and fix it on the other side using a cotter pin.
- Next, pick the first panel and attach it to the bottom part of the stand. Please don’t tighten the screws until all the four screws are fit in.
- Then, attach the other panel, which makes the grill’s bottom shelf. For the fasteners you’ll use here, you need to pop them into the hole and not screw them. You will need some help in this step.
- Flip the stand over and fix the back of the panel to one side using plastic fasteners. Mount the fuel gauge on the side panel using plastic fasteners. Then mount it to the side of the stand using six screws.
- Flip it around and mount the other side panel. Pick off the cook box and place it on top of the grill and make the proper connections using the hex screws and sock them using a wrench. Then screw in to hold the box in place. Screw the gas lines in place carefully. Then fix the side burner to the right side.
- Secure the regular shelf on the left side the same way as the sideburn. Connect the gas line to the side burner carefully. Open the side burner, lift the grate, and fix the burner, then place the grate back and push the knob in.
Please note that this is a summary of the steps to assemble this grill. Check the whole process in the manufacturer’s manual.
Helpful Tips To Know About If Weber Grills Come Assembled
Assembling a Weber grill can be hard. But it’s not impossible. Some tips to help you include:
- Don’t use power tools, like a cordless drill, as they can damage the screw head
- Get an extra pair of hands to help you with the lifting
- Finish assembling all parts of the grill before moving it to prevent damaging the parts
Weber grills do not come assembled. Therefore, if you don’t want to pay a professional, you’ll have to do the heavy work on your own.
Fortunately, the manufacturer includes an easy-to-follow guide. So, you shouldn’t find the process overwhelming.