Sunglasses are more than a fashion statement; they protect your eyes. This is especially important when you are playing baseball. But which are the best sunglasses for baseball?
The right pair of sunglasses can complete any outfit. When it comes to baseball, you don’t need them to match your uniform. You need them to keep the sun from damaging your eyes.
You also need to see the ball. There are so many sunglasses available, but there are specific pairs that are perfect for playing ball.
This buyers guide and product reviews will help you get the best sunglasses for baseball. You need protection from the sun, clear line of vision, and sunglasses that will stay in place as you play.
A small part of you also wants to look cool. So, not just any pair will do. With the top sunglasses recommended here, you will not only look the best on the field, but you will be playing better than ever too.
|Category||Sunglasses For Baseball|
|Best Baseball Sunglasses For Men||Under Armour Igniter Polarized Multiflection Sunglasses|
|Best Youth Baseball Sunglasses||Rawlings 132 Youth Baseball Sunglasses|
|Best Oakley Baseball Sunglasses||Oakley Flak 2.0 XL|
|Best Nike Baseball Glasses||Nike Hyperforce Elite|
|Best Cheap Baseball Sunglasses||Duduma Polarized Sports Sunglasses|
|Best Flip Up Sunglasses For Baseball||Franklin Flip Up Baseball Sunglasses|
|Best Polarized Sunglasses For Baseball||RIVBOS Polarized Sports Sunglasses|
|Best Sunglasses For Baseball Outfielders||Oakley Men’s Radar EV Shield Sunglasses|
|Best Sunglasses For Baseball Infield||TOREGE Polarized Sports Sunglasses|
|Best Sunglasses For Baseball Catchers||Under Armour TUNED Changeup|
How Do I Choose Sunglasses For Baseball
With so many options for sunglasses available, it can be a challenge to decide which pair to get. When it comes to baseball, there are certain features that matter when choosing sunglasses.
This guide is designed to help you figure out which pair will best work for your game. When choosing the best sunglasses for baseball, the important features to look for are discussed below.
Brand is typically one of the first things people look for when purchasing an item. Brand is important when it comes to sunglasses too.
There are several reputable names in the sunglasses industry as well as some great names you may not have heard of. The brands you can count on for baseball sunglasses include:
- Oakley: Oakley is one of the top names in sunglasses and they have several styles perfect for playing ball. Their reliable technology and quality materials make the brand one you can count on. The only drawback for Oakley is the price, as these are usually more expensive than other brands. But they do have a name you can trust and quality that is worth the extra dollars.
- Nike: Nike is the top name in sports so it makes sense they would offer sunglasses for playing sports. Nike sunglasses are worn by professional players around the world. This brand is also well-known for their one-piece lenses, which give players a more complete line of sight out in the field. As with Oakley, Nike is a top quality and reliable brand, so sunglasses will be a little pricey here too.
- Easton: Easton is a recognizable name in baseball, especially for their bats. They also offer sunglasses that incorporate their innovative designs. Easton is a name to look for when you want quality but need to watch your budget.
- Rawlings: Rawlings is another top name in baseball, and they offer sunglasses for both adult and junior players. Specifically, they have a signature series of sunglasses that are reasonably priced and durable. Rawlings is a great name for youth players. They are great quality and you don’t have to spend a ton of money on something kids will grow out of or break.
- Rivbos: Rivbos provides effective but cheaper sunglasses for sports. Although, not specifically designed for baseball, their sunglasses are a great value and durable enough for the game. The glasses last a long time and lenses can easily be replaced if broken. Rivbos is a great brand for someone that loses sunglasses or perhaps does not take care of expensive ones.
The material used for the frame is important in terms of durability and strength. Without a strong and durable frame, the sunglasses will not be reliable.
The most reliable frames for playing baseball will be made from polycarbonate materials. These materials are strong and impact-resistant which is great in case they come into contact with any fly balls. Plastic is also common for baseball sunglasses, but it is not as strong as polycarbonate.
You want to look for lenses that protect your vision. When playing any position on the field you want high-end polycarbonate lenses.
These lenses will be strong and less likely to break and will provide you with protection you need. Unlike other materials a top-quality polycarbonate will not distort your vision.
This means you can safely play ball and will see normally as if you did not have anything on at all. Polarized lenses are also popular as they protect your eyes from the sun.
These can affect depth perception however, so you may want to avoid them depending on the position you play.
You can also look for transition lenses. These are the perfect solution for people that cannot afford two separate pairs of sunglasses. These lenses start lighter and get darker gradually as they are exposed to light.
Interchangeable lenses are also common. Many baseball glasses that are half rim use interchangeable lenses. You can swap clear and tinted lenses as needed for playing during the day or night.
Most people think lens color is a preference and you just go with your favorite. But there is more to it than that. Each color provides a different visual perspective and will influence the optics of the player.
Different colors are also better for different weather conditions. When choosing a color for the lenses you need to consider preference. Reliability, and convenience.
Clear gray, amber, and brown are some of the best for baseball. Colored lenses that are green, yellow, or orange also provide shading which is great for being out in the field. The color of the lens should also be influenced by the position you play.
- Catcher: Blue and dark-colored lenses are good for catchers. Blue helps them to see the ball against the sky and black is more universally good. Specifically, black lenses help when throwing the ball to second.
- Outfielder: Orange is the ideal color for outfielders. It helps you to see the ball against a sunny sky. You also should opt for one-piece lenses to maximize your field of vision.
- Infielder: Green is the color for infielders so you can track the ball as it moves across the grass. Black lenses also work in this position.
A reliable and durable pair of sunglasses will not be any good if they do not fit right. Lightweight frames are more comfortable on your face which matters when innings go on and on.
You should also consider how the sunglasses fit in relation to your hat. Sunglasses that have a wrap are best because they follow the shape of your face. Rather than sticking out and bumping into the hat.
Temple arms that can be tucked under the hat are best, but some players prefer to wear the temples over the hat. If you do want to tuck them under the hat, be sure they are not too long. They should not extend past the end of your head.
Airflow is a factor most people do not consider but it is very important when doing any physical activity. You want the sunglasses to fit to your face, but not too tightly.
You can find some baseball sunglasses with specialized ventilation pieces and some with the standard temple and nose ventilation areas. The perfect pair will have all of these to allow for maximum airflow.
What Sunglasses Do MLB Players Wear
Baseball is normally played during the day, and it is not hard to notice that all the pros wear sunglasses on the diamond. Some players have favorites that they become known for wearing.
Sunglasses essentially become part of the uniform. The good news for you, is that if the pros are wearing a specific pair, then they must be good. Here is a review of some of the sunglasses that the MLB pros are sporting this year.
- Bryce Harper: Harper is regularly seen wearing the Under Armour Phenom sunglasses. Known for their style and stability, these are great sunglasses for baseball. The frame design is inspired by UA spine technology making it extremely durable and you can choose lenses in most colors. Not only are the frames durable, but they are comfortable for long games. The polycarbonate lenses deliver undistorted vision while also being scratch-resistant and blocking both UVA and UVB rays. You can also adjust the nose pad to allow for more ventilation as needed and comfort.
- Anthony Rizzo: Rizzo frequently wears the Nike Show-X2 XL sunglasses, and these are a top choice for playing ball. The highly durable frames provide firm grip and stability but stay comfortable at the same time. You can adjust the temples for comfort and the lenses are interchangeable, so you can match them to your situation. Lenses protect against both UVA and UVB rays, and the adjustable ventilated nose makes them a great fit for active baseball players.
- David Ortiz: Ortiz opts for the Oakley Radar EV Path which is one of the best on the market. As with all Oakley sunglasses, the frame is sturdy, anti-slip, and impact resistant. The Unobtainium nose bombs and ear socks ensure these sunglasses stay in place no matter how active you get. The performance-sized lenses give you a great view of the field and you can change the lenses to use colors that best suit your position. The anti-fog view and excellent ventilation system make this a great choice for any ball player. Just ask David Ortiz.
Oakley Baseball Sunglasses Vs Under Armour Baseball Sunglasses
Oakley is the easily the most common and popular name in the sunglasses industry. But they are not the only name in the game.
Under Armour has a solid reputation in the world of sports and offers sunglasses you can count on too. So, which is the better brand and is one better suited for baseball over the other?
Oakley Baseball Sunglasses
There are several reasons that Oakley is the most commonly worn brand of sunglasses in the MLB. Mark Trout, Derek Jeter, Andrew McCutchen all wear Oakley’s. So, what is it that makes Oakley so great?
- Prizm: Prizm is a patented technology for contrast-enhancing lenses that accents colors you need and filters out those that will be a distraction. When out in the field, Prizm vision makes it easier to spot the fly balls making the white really stand out against the blue sky.
- Plutonite: This is Oakley’s proprietary material for lenses. The high-grade polycarbonate gives you the best of optical clarity and impact resistance. Oakley lenses can all block out not just UVA and UVB rays, but UVC rays and blue light too. This protective feature is part of the lenses themselves and not just a special coating, so harmful rays are 100% blocked at all times. For those that need prescription lenses, Oakley has your back.
- 3-Point Balance: Oakley frames are perfectly balanced with 3-point stability offering comfort, perfect optical alignment, and great vision and clarity. All pressure points are also eliminated making their frames comfortable to wear for even the longest innings.
- Unobtainium: This is the feature that made Oakley a top name in sports. The proprietary grip technology makes sure that their sunglasses do not come off your face. Even when you sweat, the grip just gets tackier and the sunglasses stay put. No matter how much you move during the game, your sunglasses will be right there with you.
The top styles to get for baseball include the Flak 2.0 XL, Radar EV Path, and the Straightlink.
Under Armour Baseball Sunglasses
Oakley is not the only name in baseball sunglasses. Under Armour has developed a reputable spot in the world of sports.
Well-known for their athletic gear, they also produce quality sunglasses for baseball, specifically the UA Tuned, and UA Rival (a style frequently seen on Bryce Harper’s face).
Under Armour may not be as popular as Oakley but it has a few advantages that keep it in the running.
Under Armour is more affordable than Oakley (without compromising quality) and offers a lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects. Oakley only offers a warranty or two years after purchase.
Under Armour is a name you can trust in both baseball and sunglasses. Apart from affordability, there are several features that make UA a brand you want to play in.
- ArmourSight Lenses: UA technology provides lenses that give you enhanced visual clarity, minimal distortion, and clear side-to-side vision. Their lenses also block all UVA, UVB, and UVC rays, which is a necessity for players on the diamond all day. Sports sunglasses such as the UA Tuned and UA Rival also come with multiflection coating, which protects the lenses from scratches and intense sunlight.
- ArmourFusion Frames: UA offers tough frames made from high-grade injected polyamide. You get the strength and durability you can count on during game play. The technology also keeps the frame lightweight and comfortable so you can wear them all day.
- Perfect Fit: UA AutoGrip lets the sunglasses fit securely to your head shape without a tight squeeze. The temples also lock securely in place with screwless cam-lock hinges, giving you a lightweight fit and secure hold. The nose pad can be clicked into different positions to get you a more customized fit too.
- 3-Point Grip: Just like Oakley, UA sunglasses come with a no-slip grip and 3-point stability as well as fused rubber temples and nose pad for comfort.
Top 10 Best Baseball Sunglasses
Sunglasses are important in baseball because the sun can be a real nuisance when it comes to hitting, catching, and pitching.
Players have to worry about battling their opponents as well as the sun in every game. In the world of baseball, sunglasses are not just an accessory, they are part of the uniform.
So the pair you pick matters. When you are looking for the best sunglasses for baseball, there are certain pairs you should not pass up.
1. Best Baseball Sunglasses For Men – Under Armour Igniter Polarized Multiflection Sunglasses
When you have so many factors to consider including frames, lenses, cost, and brand, the Under Armour Igniter Sunglasses have all bases covered. This is why they end up at the top of the list. You get great quality and a great name.
Under Armour is one of the top names in athletic gear and you get quality without spending a fortune. These sunglasses are ideal for pro ball players and beginners alike. Just because they are more affordable does not mean you get poor quality.
The lenses are polarized but do not obstruct vision in the way some polarized lenses do. You get true colors and great visibility.
The lenses are also multiflection which means they repel water and are scratch-resistant. The oval shaped lenses can be in 60, 62, and 65 mm sizes and come in brown, gray, blue, and orange.
The titanium and proprietary Grilamid frames are durable and will not come loose as you play. Frame sizes include a bridge measuring 13 mm and temple measuring 129 mm.
Total weight of these sunglasses is 1.08 oz. making them light for all day use and maximum comfort.
Top features of the Under Armour Igniter sunglasses include:
- Adjustable nose pad
- Cushion hinges that act like shock absorbers
- Lenses block UVA and UVB light
- Strong durable frame
As a top-rated product in the sunglasses industry, the Under Armour Igniter sunglasses do not disappoint.
Their lenses surprised me and other consumers by allowing for such clear vision despite being polarized. You get protection from harmful sun rays without compromising the clear vision of the field that you need.
What I like:
- Great name in sports
- Stylish and comfortable
- Lots of features found in higher priced sunglasses
- Proprietary materials used for extra durable frames
What I don’t like:
- Significantly cheaper than comparable brands
2. Best Youth Baseball Sunglasses – Rawlings 132 Youth Baseball Sunglasses
When you want a pair of baseball sunglasses that are great quality, comfortable, easy to use and affordable, the Rawlings 132 are the best option. Not only do these sunglasses look good but they will help your player’s performance on the field.
The frames are made from polycarbonate making them durable and lightweight. They are tough enough for any game and comfortable enough to play through every inning. Rubber temple tips and nose pads ensure that these sunglasses stay in place with every move your kid makes.
The polycarbonate lenses provide protection from both UVA and UVB rays so your kid will be protected as they play.
Kids get 100% protection from harmful rays thanks to the hydrophobic coating. This unique coating also repels water and sweat so your kid’s vision remains clear for the whole game.
Lenses come in blue or orange so you child can pick what looks coolest or whichever color best suits their position on the diamond.
Both color choices are scratch resistance, so the lenses stay intact no matter how many times your kid drops them.
Top features of the Rawlings 132 Youth sunglasses include:
- Semi rimless frame allowing for unobstructed vision
- No-slip grip temple and nose pads
- 100% UVA and UVB light protection
- Scratch and water-resistant lenses
Not many parents want to spend a fortune on sunglasses for their kids, but you also do not want something cheap and flimsy.
Rawlings is a name you can trust in baseball and these youth sunglasses are a top buy. No matter what your kids put them through, they go the distance and the lenses do not scratch.
What I like:
- Multi layered colored mirror lenses
- Stylish and comfortable
- Easy to clean
What I don’t like:
- Non-polarized lenses which may be a problem for some players
3. Best Oakley Baseball Sunglasses – Oakley Flak 2.0 XL
Oakley is a top name in sunglasses and has several styles that are perfect for baseball. MLB players like David Ortiz love Oakley and the Oakley Flak 2.0 has made its way onto the diamond more times than you can count.
The original Oakley Flak was worn by the 2009 Yankees team for a season and has now been upgraded.
This longtime favorite now features a taller frame so it can accommodate larger Plutonite lenses. This gives players a better view of the entire field and more protection from the distracting sunlight.
Even though the lenses are larger, the frame still maintains the original weight, so your comfort is not impaired in any way.
As with all Oakley sports sunglasses, you get PRIZM lenses, so players can track the ball in the air and along the field. Lenses are interchangeable so you can choose color based on position and activity. Choose lens color from sapphire, ruby, smoke, fire, jade, and many more.
The polycarbonate frame is durable and comes in black or white. The improved fit of the 2.0 XL enhances your comfort making these the number one baseball sunglasses Oakley has to offer.
The patented Unobtainium nose pads and earsocks keep the frame in place all day, through sweat and activity.
Top features of the Oakley Flak 2.0 XL sunglasses include:
- Part of the Oakley MLB Signature Series
- No-slip grip temple and nose pads
- Plutonite lenses protect against UVA, UVB, and UVC rays
- Stress-resistant frames
Oakley is not a name that disappoints, and the upgraded Flak 2.0 XL proves this once again. Their O-Matter stress-resistant frames keep their sunglasses at the top of every list for sports.
You get more strength and flexibility than other acetate frames can give you and they will not shift or become deformed over time and play.
What I like:
- Customizable lenses (add your team logo or name)
- Available with prescription lenses
- High lens height for better view.
- PRIZM lenses that are engineered for baseball players.
What I don’t like:
- Not the cheapest baseball sunglasses around.
- Large frames may be too bulky for a smaller sized head
4. Best Nike Baseball Glasses – Nike Hyperforce Elite
If like many others, you turn to Nike for your sporting needs, then these are the baseball sunglasses for you.
Nike is a name you can trust, and the Nike Hyperforce Elite are the best sunglasses for baseball. The one-piece lens is unique so not only will you look good on the field, but you have protection you can rely on.
The full lens gives you a full view of the field. This design also allows for lighter sunglasses that sit easily on your ears and nose so there is no discomfort.
The lenses are also interchangeable so you can change lenses to match the lighting and position you are in. The infrared lens also makes sure damaging rays do not get in the player’s eyes.
The plastic frame is durable and keeps the overall weight of the sunglasses light. You can choose between black or white frames and both come with their own flash of color for flair.
Temple length is standard for most men measuring 130 mm and the wrap around contour makes sure these stay snug on your face.
The top features of the Nike Hyperforce Elite sunglasses include:
- Nike MAX optics that maximize field of view
- Lens colors come in black, gray, red, and forest
- Super lightweight and aerodynamic frame
- Optimal ventilation
The features of the Nike Hyperforce Elite are similar to other baseball sunglasses. However, their most impressive quality is their ventilation features.
Nike understands the needs of athletes and these sunglasses offer airway channels at the temples and nose pads. This eliminates sweat and provides cooling airflow to your face as you play. Just what every ballplayer wants out in the sun.
What I like:
- Massive field of view
- Enhanced ventilation flow.
- Multiple lens options for all different types of conditions.
What I don’t like:
- Plastic frame not as durable as other brands
5. Best Cheap Baseball Sunglasses – Duduma Polarized Sports Sunglasses
The sunglasses mentioned so far do have a high price tag, but this does not mean you can’t get good sunglasses for baseball on a budget. Duduma offers reliable and durable sunglasses for your baseball needs.
Duduma has always responded to the needs of their customers, and their new polarized sunglasses have been upgraded to offer more strength and durability.
The polarized lenses provide 100% protection from UVA and UVB rays. These TAC lenses are designed to eliminate glare and restore true color so you can see perfectly on the field.
There are 7 layers to the lenses ensuring polarization, durability, and UV protection. They are also shatterproof. Choose lens colors from gray, blue, orange, and yellow.
Choose from black or white frames, the two most common frame colors. Made from polycarbonate the frames are super lightweight and maintain the flattering lines and aerodynamics of more expensive sports sunglasses. The stylish look keeps you looking good without breaking your budget.
Top features of the Duduma Polarized sunglasses include:
- 7-layer TAC polarized lenses
- Aesthetically appealing
- 100% UV protection
- Rimless jacket frame for clear field of vision
The most surprising thing about the Duduma polarized sunglasses is that they are reliable for a budget pair of sunglasses. While some have reviewed that these are cheap and flimsy, it is important to remember that they are not a name-brand.
When it comes to budget sunglasses, you will get what you pay for and these polarized sports sunglasses are the most reliable and comfortable you can get when you don’t have a lot of money you spend.
What I like:
- Anti-fogging and water-resistant lenses
- Available in different sharp colors.
- Dimensions that make the frame stable and sturdy.
What I don’t like:
- Some lenses may not be polarized
6. Best Flip Up Sunglasses For Baseball – Franklin Flip Up Baseball Sunglasses
Franklin is a great name in baseball sunglasses. Known for reliability and affordability, they have the best flip up sunglasses on the market.
Franklin is a reputable brand and you will not have trouble with these sunglasses. You can choose from blue or black frames to best suit your style.
The durable lenses flip up and come with three interchangeable colors. You will have blue for sunnier days, amber for when it is overcast, and brown for moderate weather days.
Franklin also provides Chrome-X coating on the lenses to reduce glare as you play and improve depth perception.
Both frame and lenses are made from polycarbonate. This protects both from shattering if dropped. It also keeps the frames lightweight and comfortable to wear all day long.
To make sure the sunglasses stay in place as you move, there is a head band strap included.
Top features of the Franklin flip up sunglasses include:
- Elastic headband strap included for better fit
- Impact and scratch-resistant lenses
- UVA and UVB protection
- Flip up glasses to accommodate changing light situations easily
The flip up sunglasses from Franklin are surprisingly reliable and comfortable considering the lower price tag. These are definitely value for money and a great choice to make if you prefer flip up sunglasses for playing ball.
What I like:
- Flip up lenses accommodate changing light
- Stylish look of more expensive sunglasses
- Reliable for constant use
What I don’t like:
- Nose pads come loose after time
7. Best Polarized Sunglasses For Baseball – RIVBOS Polarized Sports Sunglasses
The Rivbos Polarized Sunglasses are perfect for the player that loses their glasses a lot. They are affordable and reliable and if you do misplace them, you will not feel bad.
Your bank account also won’t mind too much if they get lost. These are also great for all sports but are seen frequently on the baseball field.
TAC polarized and mirror-coated lenses prevent glare and protect your eyes from UVA, UVB, UVC and blue light. You also get great clarity and vision in sunny conditions.
Lens height is average at 40 mm and you can choose a solar to suit your position including pink, yellow, gray, blue, and green.
These cheap sunglasses will not let you down. The plastic wrap around design fits snugly to your head and will not slip off during play.
The frame is made from TR90 material, which is sturdy, does not flex under pressure, and will last you all season long. They also look as stylish and sleek as the more expensive brands.
Top features of the Rivbos RB831 polarized sunglasses include:
- Snap-resistant frame
- Restores true color vision
- Polycarbonate lenses in multiple colors
One factor that is a pleasant surprise with the Rivbos polarized sunglasses, is their lens clarity. Even with the darkest blue or gray lenses, your vision is not impaired.
In fact, you get great clarity of the field in sun and overcast conditions. With the protection from harmful rays, these baseball sunglasses prove that you don’t need to spend a fortune to get a quality pair.
What I like:
- Lightweight design
- Designed for durability
- Comes with hard case and cleaning kit
What I don’t like:
- Ear socks fall off
8. Best Sunglasses For Baseball Outfielders – Oakley Men’s Radar EV Shield Sunglasses
No surprise that Oakley is on the list again. This time the Radar EV Shield Sunglasses are picked as the best for outfielders.
You will see Manny Machado, Kris Bryant, Josh Donaldson and more wearing these on the diamond when they play. The Radar EV Shield is a great pair of sunglasses. They shade your eyes while making sure you look good too.
Oakley’s Plutonite lenses protect against UVA, UVB UVC, and blue light, while being lightweight and comfortable.
Your clarity is unaffected by the protective lenses thanks to the use of PRIZM technology which provides enhanced color and optimal clarity. Outfielders will be able to see the ball against the sky every time.
The O-Matter frames from Oakley are durable and lightweight. Comfortable to wear without the risk of cracking or breaking them. The injection molded thermoplastic makes these frames stable and flexible, so they will not deform over time.
Unobtanium temples and ear socks keep the frames in place as you play, even increasing their grip as you sweat.
Top features of the Oakley Radar EV Shield sunglasses include:
- Patented high-definition optics for optimal vision at all angles
- Stress-resistant frame
- Interchangeable lens system
Many have reviewed the Radar EV Shield sunglasses to be the best Oakley has to offer, but the best really comes down to personal taste.
Oakley is a name you can count on and the Radar EV Shield is an exceptionally good pair of sunglasses for baseball. The enhanced clarity of vision on these is the top reason that every outfielder will play better when they have them.
What I like:
- Excellent clarity of vision from all angles
- Protection from all levels of harmful light
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Great ventilation
- Comes with case and cleaning cloth
What I don’t like:
- Not ideal for all budgets
9. Best Sunglasses For Baseball Infield – TOREGE Polarized Sports Sunglasses
Infielders can benefit from the top pair from TOREGE. These polarized lenses measure 1.4mm and the lenses are interchangeable to match the weather and your position.
Choose from blue, green, red, orange, and gray. You can even get a rainbow pair of lenses or black which will meet a wider range of weather and sporting needs.
TOREGE is a reliable name in sunglasses and a great option for budget sunglasses. You can count on value for money with these as they are covered by a lifetime warranty and 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
The name brands come with limited warranties but with TOREGE you will be covered for any manufacturer defect.
The frames are sturdy and lightweight, made from Swiss-produced TR90 technology giving these sunglasses flexibility and longevity.
They are also comfortable to wear all day and will bend under pressure. This means you can drop them or run into other players and not worry about damaging your frames.
The top features of the TOREGE polarized sunglasses include:
- Flexible and lightweight frame
- Lenses restore true color
- Reflects scattered light
- Includes polarization test card for authenticity
The single feature that sets the TOREGE polarized sunglasses apart from other affordable pairs for baseball is the flexible frame. The memory polymer flexes helps the sunglasses fit specifically to your face.
They will not easily bend from their shape even when dropped. For active players, these sunglasses will sit snugly to your face giving you comfort and no worries.
What I like:
- Interchangeable lenses at a low price
- Sleek, sporty look, similar to expensive brands
- Flexible design fits larger heads
- Lifetime warranty
What I don’t like:
- Some complaints about nose clips falling off
- Some users report breakage when changing lenses
10. Best Sunglasses For Baseball Catchers – Under Armour TUNED Changeup
Under Armour TUNED Changeup completes the list with the best sunglasses for catchers. UA is known for their ability to deliver clear vision on the field to players no matter what the condition.
The UA Tuned can be seen in the MLB on Bryce Harper among others. Harper specifically worked with UA to develop his own line.
The ArmourSight lenses protect against UVA, UVB, and UVC rays while ensuring clarity of vision at all times.
Lens colors are typically blue, gray, or orange for this style as these are predominately better for catchers. They are also made from highly durable polycarbonate so will not scratch or break easily.
The top features of the Under Armour Tuned sunglasses include:
- Flexible and lightweight frames
- Excellent eye protection
- Optimal line of vision in all weather conditions
- 3-point fit for comfort and stability
One size is designed to fit all with the UA Tuned and some may think this is a drawback. However, the material of the frames works to flex to the contours of your face, so it is snug and comfortable.
The 3-point fit also ensures that the sunglasses stay resilient and comfortable as you play the longest innings.
What I like:
- Durable and long-lasting frame
- More affordable that other top brands
- Secure fit with screwless cam-lock hinge
- Specifically made for baseball players
What I don’t like:
- Lack of colors and design options for the price
- One size fits all – may not work for everyone
Helpful Tips To Find The Best Sunglasses For Baseball
There is so much to consider when looking for the best sunglasses for baseball. It may not be as simple as grabbing any pair, but it also does not have to be complicated.
This guide has walked you through what to look for, top brands, and has provided the top recommendations for baseball sunglasses available.
In addition to this, there are a few helpful tips you can remember when you need to find the best sunglasses for baseball.
- Choose colored lenses that best suit the position you play
- Remember that many of the top brands can be purchased with prescription lenses if needed.
- Consider additional coatings such as water-repellent to prevent sweat from smudging up the lenses. You can also get coatings that help you distinguish between the ball and either the grass or a dark sky.
- Anti-reflective lenses are better suited for playing under stadium lights to reduce glare.
Your choice in sunglasses can be the difference between a good game and a bad game. A reliable pair will not only protect your eyes from the sun but will enhance your optics.
And of the products mentioned here, will take your game to the next level as their features were specifically designed with athletic performance in mind.
The right pair of sunglasses will keep you focused, keep you safe, stay in place, and hang out comfortably on your face through every inning. This buying guide will make sure you get the best sunglasses for baseball so you can look good and play better!